Sunday, December 16, 2012

Fun at Grandma Esther's

The day after we arrived in Utah, Ethan and Lena invited us to go to see the new Bond movie Skyfall with them.  They brought their kids to Mom's house and got to play with Glenn while Grandma watched them.  It was nice to be on a double date.  The movie was good and then we got good food afterwards.
When we got back we took some pictures of the kids playing together.

Sunday after Church I decided to work on a puzzle.  I finished it that night, with some help from Paul and my Dad.  I figured that since I lived near DC I should be able to do a puzzle of it. : D

The next morning Grandpa Don was heading out to work.  There is some construction stuff going on near my parents' house, and Grandpa took the time to show Glenn.  One of the machines were parked outside and so he took Glenn and showed him what it does.

The day before Thanksgiving Paul went to his sister's house to help with Thanksgiving preparation there.  Glenn and I stayed at my Mom's.  We got out the rakes and started raking all the leaves into piles.  And of course we jumped and ran all through them too.  After awhile we went in and had lunch and such.  I went back out later to put them into bags.  I only filled two bags--but that was a lot of work by myself.  It was kind of windy at the time and there were a lot of leaves!  Later that night when Grandpa Don was out there working, Glenn wanted to help again.

Also on the day before Thanksgiving, Mom and I were in the kitchen getting food prepared.  Glenn wanted to help.  I made three dishes of apple yam casserole, so I needed a lot of apples peeled and cut.  Glenn was interested in using the apple peeler/corer/slicer.  

And last of all, Glenn had fun dressing up in funny and silly ways.
He is such a goof!  He is like his dad--he sees things in his head and he just has to do it!

No comments: