Sunday, December 16, 2012

Thanksgiving 2012

Thanksgiving morning we had some time with my family.  Sirie and Spencer were the first to arrive at Mom's house.  They have two little dogs and they came along too.  Glenn was excited to play with them outside.  It was a beautiful morning--and day--and so they had a lot of fun being out there.
Twix and Lily

After playing with the dogs, more of my siblings had arrived.  We hung out in the living room for awhile.  I then had the idea to play Reverse Charades--we didn't have the actual game, but we improvised.  We used the cards from Taboo...so some of them didn't really work too well.  
We split into two teams: boys vs. girls.  I wish I had had my camera for this, but I didn't.  My sister did get some videos of us, so I want to see those--hint hint Kirsta!!  : D
Anyway, we had a lot of fun with that.

Then we headed down to Salt Lake to Clarisse's house.  When we first got there we just visited while we finished preparing the food.  It was such a nice day and inside was a bit small, so we took all the kids outside to run around and play.

When Thanksgiving dinner was ready, we went back inside and sat at the table.  Clarisse had set Thank You cards as place cards.  She thought that it would be a good idea to pass them around, each writing what we are thankful for that specific person.  We had each of Paul's siblings and their families there, so there were quite a few of us.  
I tried to get a picture of us, just from where I was sitting, but it didn't quite work.

Glenn then took the camera and took some unique pictures.

And here is a picture of our food.  We all contributed something and it worked out pretty well.  I made apple-yam casserole and everyone seemed to really like it.  Matt's homemade cranberry sauce was also a hit.

Later that evening we played games (The Great Dalmouti, and Pandemic, and name game Clarisse made up) and ate pie.
The kids were entertained with toys and also with some shows on the computer.
Mia, Glenn and Evelyn

We were there until after 9 or 10--I don't remember.  We had a good day, but we were all pretty tired.  
Happy Thanksgiving!

2 comments:

Esther/Mom/Grandma said...

I'm so glad you guys were able to come out here in November and spend time with both sides of your family...We enjoyed your company and are thankful for all of you - we love you so much! We look forward to the next time we can be together...

Kirsta and Morian said...

Well, if I ever get my blog situation straightened out, you can see those videos! It was fun! I'm glad we were able to see you for a little bit that morning!