Tuesday, May 13, 2014

George Dyer

The next day, August 21st, we went to another show--George Dyer.
He has an amazing voice!  I wish I had recorded him--not sure why I didn't--maybe because I was enjoying it so much that I didn't think about it.  At the beginning of his show he walked around the theater, shaking people's hands.  He came right up to us--you can see us in the big screen behind him--and I tried to snap a picture of him but it was really blurry.

 George Dyer was very entertaining.  He has a beautiful opera voice and had such fun songs, and even funner and more entertaining were his facial expressions and postures.  He sang songs from Les Miserables, Phantom of the Opera, Beauty and the Beast, and many more!
 The show was mostly George Dyer singing, but he did do a few songs with his wife and children.
 His two daughters also sang solos--they both had beautiful voices--the brunette was more of a power house singer while the blond one had more depth and beauty to her voice.  Both were really enjoyable though!
 We got to meet with them after the show as well.  And guess what?  They are LDS too!  It was a lot of fun to meet with such talented LDS people!

2 comments:

Kirsta and Morian said...

You can totally tell it's you guys in that first picture! Not too blurry! And look at Glenn, getting both the ladies! ;)

Esther/Mom/Grandma said...

How fun to be on the "big screen!" Looks like you had a great G-rated vacation!