Glenn was so excited for his birthday and for turning 4!
He woke up happy, as he always does, and couldn't wait until his new friends came over for the party. It wasn't time for that yet, but we did start celebrating by eating a birthday donut for breakfast.
Glenn loves donuts and was happy to be starting his day with one.
Glenn has really loved space and the planets and asks me many times when he will get to go to the moon. When I suggested that we have a space-themed birthday party, he was super excited!
We thought it would be fun to have his friends blast off into space with him.
The party started with the kids having fun going through the bubbles. We had just bought this little bubble machine and it was so fun to have so many bubbles!
The kids also liked playing in the hanging balloons.
Then it was time to decorate their rockets so they could blast off. We used cardboard boxes, red poster paper cut and shaped into cones, and all kinds of fun stickers. The kids had a lot of fun decorating and playing in their new rockets.
Then I read them a book about blasting off into space. They landed on the moon and got to taste some moon rocks.
After their big adventure to the moon, they were pretty hungry.
We then made rocket ship sandwiches.
And followed that with a rocket ship birthday cake!
A girl in my ward made the cake for us. Glenn was so excited when he saw it!
I had bought some sparkling candles...or so I thought. We sang Happy Birthday to Glenn but by the end I was disappointed.
So we lit the candles again to see if we just needed to have them lit longer. But nothing happened out of the ordinary flame flickers. Bummer. But the boys had fun blowing out the candles again.
Glenn opened two gifts while his friends were there--one from Atlas...(expertly folded paper airplanes)
...and one from us (Cranky the Crane).
Glenn loved it! Atlas did too! They wanted me to open it right away so they could start playing with it that second. Boys and their trains!
Glenn was so glad to have his new friends come over and say Happy Birthday to him. He and Atlas became fast friends.
After the party Glenn and I had some down time before Paul got off work. Paul came home for the party, then returned to work. Glenn and I got some fun books from the library. Glenn and I took that quiet time to read some of those books. His favorites were the Elephant and Piggy books by Mo Willems.
When Paul came home, Glenn opened the rest of his presents.
After that we finally went out to dinner at a restaurant of his choice: Chick-fil-A of course! He loves that place!! He even made up his own little chant/cheer for it.
He had fun eating his chicken nuggets and playing in the playplace. (Paul and I even went in, if you can believe that we fit.) :D
That evening I tried to get a nice picture of Glenn as a new 4 year old.
It took a few times, but I love that they all show his fun, goofy personality.
Happy Birthday Mr. Glenn!!
We sure love you lots and lots and lots and lots!
1 comment:
What a big boy he is! You do such a good job with him, Kayley. Sounds like a fun birthday. P.S. Devin and Mackenzie also really like the Piggy and Elephant books. And they laugh every time I say, Mo Willems!
Post a Comment