Wednesday, May 21, 2014

The Dutton's

Thursday night, Paul and I went on a date to another show--The Dutton's.  They were an LDS family as well, and we joked that we only saw the LDS acts in town!  They were all really good and I was glad to be supporting fellow members of our church.
The Dutton family was by far the largest group on stage.  Paul and I really enjoyed that they included many, if not all, of their family in the show.
The main parts of the show were the kids--in that first picture you can see "Mom and Pop Dutton" as they were called.  This guy in the yellow suit, Benjamin was kind of the comic relief.  He did several different acts and accents and funny skits.  He also played and sang with his brothers and sisters.
Some of the kids sang a Primary song.  I was so proud of them--I would've been so scared to sing to a big audience like they did.  They did really well.
Each of the kids--actually minus two I think--with their kids.  It was incredible to see all of them up on stage, singing and playing together.
All of the kids, or adults rather, were really talented in playing instruments.  These next pictures show this sequence they did where they played the same song, but would switch instruments, allowing each person to play each instrument.  Pretty good, eh?
And this next part is what they are most famous for.  I wish I had taken a video of them doing this.  It was pretty incredible!  They were each holding a violin while playing the violin that the person next to them was holding!  They have been able to do this since they were little children!
After the show we wanted to talk with them and meet them.  Benjamin had served his mission in Madrid, Spain and since we had just been there, we wanted to talk.  It was great to meet them, and get our picture with them.  Thanks for a great show Dutton family!

1 comment:

Erin said...

Gotta love the Dutton's! My sister's husband is related to them, so I have met a few. Good Times! I'm also glad to know I'm not the only one behind on blogging. :)