Thursday, May 1, 2014

On Our Way to Missouri

Remember how we were subletting an apartment during the summer while we were in Texas?  Well our lease was up on Saturday August 16th and we had a family vacation planned for the next week--perfect! So we packed up the few things that we had with us in their apartment, put some in storage, and took some with us on our way to Missouri.  On our way out, we stopped at a local chicken restaurant called Raising Cane's.  It had really yummy chicken fingers!  



We made it to Oklahoma that night.
We stayed the night at this really cute 50's style hotel called The Happy Days Hotel.
Each room was decorated in a different theme, and our's happened to be "I Love Lucy".
It was a fun little place.  I must admit that I liked looking at all the old photos and such more than the strange modern art that is in a lot of hotels and motels now.  
The hotel also had a little section that was patriotic.  It had an American flag as well as other artwork.  I took pictures of the art because I thought it was interesting.
The next day was Sunday and we went to Church there.  The ward was super friendly and was bummed that we were just visitors who wouldn't be moving into their ward.  It's nice to be so welcomed though!
We continued on our journey, listening to The Chronicles of Narnia on our way.  We thought it was quite appropriate that we be driving through Arkansas while listening to the world of Narnia being born.  It was so green and beautiful!  I kept wondering to myself why we live in desert climates when we have places like Arkansas! :D




1 comment:

Esther/Mom/Grandma said...

If you lived in Arkansas you could get hit by a tornado....
I love all your blog posts and photos