During our few weeks in Texas, Glenn really started reading more and more. I found this idea on Pinterest--to set up some sight words and have your child race to it with a car. I decided to try it out with Glenn. We had practiced with these words here and there and with reading short books. He really liked this idea. He felt so proud of himself and so happy when he found the words and had learned to recognize them.
He also had fun playing with the pillows after he was done with the flash cards.
At the library they had a program for kids to read books during the summer. If they filled out 4 sheets of 25 books each--or 100 books that they read or had read to them, they got a prize and a big sign that said they were Super Readers. Glenn and his new friend Atlas finished on the same day! They were so excited to get these signs and to be Super Readers!!
1 comment:
Like I said before, you are doing an amazing job with him. Already reading?! That's incredible! Way to go Glenn!
Post a Comment