Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Donuts and Friends

We feel like we haven't done much in the Austin area.  So one weekend in July, we took care of a few things on the list to see and do here in Austin.  We started out by having breakfast at a donut truck in the downtown area.  It's called Gourdough's Big. Fat. Donuts.

We ordered two to share between the three of us.  The Gourdough, with a slight change.  They didn't have any more sausage, so we got it with bacon instead.
And we tried the Naught & Nice.
To be honest, they were good, but I imagined them to be bigger.  Things are bigger in Texas, are they not?  And with a sign that says big fat donuts, I thought they would be huge.  They seemed kind of normal--at least the cinnamon and sugar one was.  The Gourdough was like a breakfast sandwich of sorts and I guess it was kind of big.  And actually there were a lot of options and it was hard to choose just two.  So I think that we will have to go back again to try more.
After donuts we made our way to south Austin where our friends Rebecca and Miguel have had a house built.  We had been at the Staybridge at the same time last year.  Miguel works with Paul and we've had a few dinners and get togethers before.  They were excited to invite us to their new house.  
We got a tour of their house, had lunch and enjoyed the afternoon with them.  
Glenn of course loved playing with the dogs.  They are really good with kids and I think loved having this active little guy around.

Glenn then wanted to show Miguel his new string tricks he had mastered.  Glenn is showing off his Jacob's Ladder.  
Then Miguel wanted Glenn to teach him how to do it.  It was so cute watching them together!
Glenn wanted to do Cat's Cradle with Miguel and amazingly Miguel had done that as a kid.  It had been awhile, so Glenn had to refresh him.  But I just love this exchange between them!

No comments: