Thursday, October 23, 2014

July Extras

Of course at the end of the month, there are those extra pictures.  
I sure love finding Glenn reading anywhere and everywhere!

One day Glenn decided to climb into the dryer.  Um, okay.  The towels had just finished drying so they were nice and warm.  There have been times when I wish I could climb in there and cuddle in the warmth of the dry clothes.  Too bad I'm too big for that. :D

I helped a friend, who recently had a baby, with a sewing project.  She wanted pillow covers for her couch, but didn't have a sewing machine or the experience to do them.  I had made a pillow cover several years ago, so I thought I'd try my hand at it again.  I was a bit nervous because they were for my friend and I wanted them to turn out really nice.  So I may or may not unstitched them a couple of times, just to make sure they were the best I could do. 

One Sunday Glenn had had enough.  :D  I love that he just fell asleep so quickly on my lap and in that position!  
Mid-July we had a nice warm rain.  What better way to truly enjoy it than to jump around and play in it?  So that's what we did.  We convinced some of our neighbors to join us and we had a great time!
July sure is hot here in Austin.  Atlas invited Glenn over to have a water gun fight to cool off.  The boys had so much fun!  
Then the hose got involved...
Also in July, we had the fun opportunity to babysit for our friends.  Joanie got to spend the morning with us.  She is such a cute girl and Glenn loved having her here.  She loved watching him and following him around.  
At the end of July, another one of our Indian neighbors had a festival.  She invited us to her temple where we 'listened' to some messages and then got to eat a delicious Indian meal.  (All the messages were in another language, and we couldn't understand.)
During the ceremony, Paul and Glenn were acknowledged as guests and were given a gift and a dot on their foreheads.  It was a neat experience for all of us, even if we couldn't understand what was going on.  As we were leaving, Glenn mentioned how he wished he could speak their language.  I joked that one day Glenn would serve a mission to India, so he would learn the language.  I guess we'll have to wait a few years to find out. :D

1 comment:

Esther/Mom/Grandma said...

So many fun experiences you've had! Wish I could have been there to share them with all of you!