We spent the night in San Antonio and decided to go to Sea World the next day. Mark and Bonnye live about a mile away from Sea World and had thought about buying a year pass. We had thought the same thing, especially since they lived so close. So we decided to go and get passes!
At first Glenn was pretty upset and didn't want to go. I hadn't brought both his swim shirt and shorts, just his shirt. I think he was super tired from staying up late the night before and wasn't thinking clearly. He kept saying that he didn't want to be there and he wanted to go home and get this shorts. We finally convinced him that he would be okay and that next time I would bring his shorts. Poor little guy! We take him everywhere and because he is so smart and can talk reasonably, we sometimes forget that he is a little kid and lack of sleep really affects him. But we worked through it and didn't bring it up again.
Once we got into the park and starting seeing the animals did he forget that he was upset. He loved seeing the dolphins up and close.
He also liked the sharks and seeing the big fish and other marine life swim around.
We went to a show with a funny guy at the beginning. He was sitting in the crowd and splashing water on all who were close to him. He was pretty goofy. Then he got in the water and swam around with the dolphins and beluga whales.
The next show we saw was with the sea lions, otters and even a walrus! This show was a mystery and pretty silly. I loved watching Glenn watch the animals. He thought they were so great!
The penguins are also a big hit! Their structure always stinks, but they are so cute! Of course the puffins are pretty cool too. I loved Glenn's stance as he was learning about the different kinds of penguins.
We saw a later show with the sea lions and walrus again--and it was just as great as the first.
We had a great time at Sea World. We rode on some rides, got wet, and enjoyed seeing some of the shows.
When we finally got home, I realized how exhausted I was. I basically collapsed in the entry way and didn't want to move. I just wanted to sleep. After some time, I crawled into the bathroom and threw up. I was so weak and felt so sick. I had heat stroke or something and did not feel good at all. We weren't planning on spending the night, but we did because I felt miserable. After getting some crackers, some ginger ale and some sleep, I felt much better. I need to remember that the sun, the heat and lack of food and water really affects me. Next time we go, I'll be better.
No comments:
Post a Comment