On July 17 one of my Indian neighbors, Rashmi, had a party. She wanted me in wear a sari again, so she let me borrow one of hers. It was a fun excuse to get all dressed up again, to meet new friends, and to eat good, authentic, homemade Indian food.
I took pictures of all the food that each lady brought-Yum!
We had fun eating, painting each other's nails, doing our hair, and playing games.
I guess there is a tradition for people to feed a guest--I think they said it was a sign of respect. So here Rashi's daughter, Disha is feeding me a sweet.
Then we went outside to take pictures. All the kids that came.
And all of the ladies.
My friend Rashmi
It was a really fun afternoon!





1 comment:
What a great experience, Kayley. And a beautiful friend! Thanks for sharing the cultural exchange!
Post a Comment