Sunday, March 15, 2015

Baptisms for the Dead

Saturday March 7th Paul and I took Nicole and Amy to the San Antonio Temple to do baptisms for the dead.  This was Nicole's first time and Amy's second time--but her first time bringing family names!  We were so excited to be a part of this special day.


 We brought Glenn down with us, but since he isn't 12 he isn't ready to enter the temple.  Mark and Bonnye met us at the temple and took Glenn for us.  They hung out at Barnes & Noble and read lots of books and enjoyed a relaxing Saturday.
We took pictures of the outside before heading in.  The weather wasn't horrible--it was cloudy and a bit chilly, but the grounds aren't very big and it didn't take long to walk around.


 We had a wonderful experience in the temple!  It's been a long time since I've done baptisms for the dead so that was great for me.  It was especially special because I got to watch Amy being baptized for her grandmothers and great-grandmothers, and I got to see Nicole participating in this ordinance for the first time.  Others in the temple also had family names--one doing work for his grandfather and one for her own sister!  The Spirit was very strong and it was hard to keep a dry eye.  What a wonderful time we had and I'm so thankful I got to spend it with Nicole, Amy and Paul!

After our time in the temple, we went across the street to a new restaurant that opened there--Kneaders!  Okay, so it's not new to us, having it in Utah, but it is new to Texas.  We love that it is close and that they have such delicious food!  We also met up with my good friend Adrienne Burger and her family.  They were in San Antonio for the weekend, supporting his niece and nephew in a school competition.  We had them, plus us, plus Mark and Bonnye and it was a great time!  I'm so glad we were able to squeeze this in before leaving for Spain!

No comments: