February came so fast! January was full of fun and February was no less busy, perhaps even busier! The days and weeks seem to fill up so fast that before I know it, the month is over! That definitely happened with February. Not just because it is a short month, but also because we had so many fun activities and things going on.
Remember last March when I posted a video of Glenn reading his first chapter of the first Magic Tree house book? Well Glenn finished the entire series at the beginning of this month! All 52 books!! And actually a new book--a Super Edition--came out in January 2015 and he read that one too! He probably could've completed the series in January or possibly December, but every time we went to the library, the last books were checked out; then we went on vacation and didn't read as much. But when we got back, we made it a priority to get the last books read!
Congratulations Glenn!! That's 53 books in less than 52 weeks!
(Plus that doesn't count all the other books he's read. He also started a new series called A to Z Mysteries and had read a few of The Secrets of Droon. Plus a ton other books too.)
He is a great reader and we are so proud of him!!
Sometimes Glenn doesn't like to get his hands messy. So how do you eat cheese puffs without getting your hands messy? By sucking them up with your mouth, of course!
Once again we were happy to have Nicole over for FHE. One night she was in charge of the activity. She had written down different gospel-related things and we had to draw it--like Pictionary. It was a lot of fun!
February 6th we had an early Valentine playgroup. A friend in the ward had a tradition growing up to make heart-shaped sugar cookies before Valentine's Day so they could deliver them to friends and neighbors. So we got together to make heart-shaped sugar cookies--and I'm guessing most of them were consumed there instead of delivered to friends and neighbors! ;)
Later that day we went over to Dixie's place to visit with her and her sweet girls. Baby Lottie is so cute!
This picture was taken in January I believe--yes, Dixie watched Glenn while we were on our date. Glenn LOVED holding Lottie and helping take care of her.
Another random picture of Glenn and I. :D I sure love my cute son!
February 8th marked Glenn's half-birthday. Ah! Where has the time gone?! So to celebrate, Glenn got sick! Just kidding, no but he really did get sick that day. I don't know if he picked something up from the Valentine party or from church, but he was pretty sick. He threw up Sunday night and twice on Monday. He had no energy and didn't want to eat anything. Poor little guy! We cuddled and watched movies and just took it easy.
We had another opportunity to hold babies--lots of babies this month for us! A sister in the ward needed someone to watch her son while she was at work. We had little Jacob from 6am-3pm! He was a very good baby. The only time he cried was when I wasn't quite fast enough at make the formula--sorry, I'm a little out of practice!
The week after Valentine's day, we had another Valentine party--where the kids made and gave Valentines to their friends. Dixie had asked if I could take Joanie--sure! Then just as we were about to leave, Bricia asked if I could also take Daniel--why not? So I took 3 kids to the party. It was such a strange sight for me to look back and see 3 kids in my car! They had a lot of fun together. The party was fun too--pretty simple and fun.
Glenn and daddy also got some fun time together. Glenn woke up really early one morning and he had daddy made a tent. I think they slept in it for a little bit too, but I could be wrong. But I know they had a lot of fun!
I've been going to an acupuncturist for several weeks now--to possibly help with fertility--and have needed people to watch Glenn. He has had a lot of fun being with many friends. When he was hanging out with Paige Marcella and Josephine, they had too much fun! He loves these girls and they love him! We are so lucky to have so many good friends!
For a long time now I have been playing volleyball on Friday mornings. It is so much fun! I love it! Not only do I love the sport and I love that I can improve my talent, but I get exercise and get to be with other moms and women. We have had so many ladies show up that we play Queen of the Court--so we have a lot more running. It is great!
I love volleyball!!
So I may have mentioned this before, but there are a million birds here in Texas! Seriously!
They seem to like to gather around the freeways and other busy streets. They also like this particular shopping center that is nearby our home. I remember last December seeing so many birds on the store tops that from far away they looked like lights. Well Glenn and I had gone shopping one evening and there were the birds again. I wish I had grabbed the camera and filmed before going into the store, but I was just enjoying the wonder and awe of the moment. Those thousands of birds swooped here and there and overhead and all around. Glenn and I were just mesmerized watching them move. When we came out of the store, they had perched in the trees in the parking lot. And they were loud! I know the video is pretty dark and you can't really see the birds fly around, but just know that there were thousands of them all around us! Incredible!
Our friend Kaamil's birthday party was on the last day of February and it was at Chuck E. Cheese's. At first Glenn didn't really want to go because he didn't think it would be fun there. I think he forgot that we had gone in Utah once and he had a lot of fun. Once we were there though and once he got with his friend and doing the games and such, he had a blast!
They started off with food and cake and a pinata filled with tokens and tickets and candy.
Then they got a visit from Chuck E. Cheese!
And then it was on to the games!
I think Glenn's face in this one is funny. He just hit the jackpot and got 104 tickets! His face is like surprise and wonder and "I can't believe it!"
We had a great time--I even got a cup of tokens to play games too. Glenn and I pooled our tickets together and we had 600 tickets even! He chose a slinky and a gumball machine as his prizes! Happy Birthday Kaamil! Thanks for a fun evening!!
No comments:
Post a Comment