Christmas Eve
My Christmas present came early on Christmas Eve--a new washer and dryer!
Not only are they brand new and we got a really good price on them, but I Love how they tell me when a load is done! I got started with laundry right away because we had been without them for a couple of weeks and needing clean clothes. Yay for clean clothes!
One tradition that we've followed from Paul's family is making Christmas pizzas. We were invited to a friend's house for dinner that evening, so we made it for lunch.
That evening we went to the Jackson's home. We had one of their family tradition's--tamales and chili. It was really good. We also had striped delight for dessert-yum! We read the Nativity story in the scriptures and sang a few Christmas hymns together too. Then we let the kids play and have fun. Glenn and Emily put on quite the show for us.
Christmas Morning
We woke up Christmas morning and almost had to drag Glenn out into the living room. It's like he had forgotten that it was Christmas! We hadn't talked much about presents or Santa so I think he just wasn't thinking about it. When we told him, he ran into the living room, past the large present and to his stocking!
We let him peek at the little goodies inside before we started reading the Nativity program put together by Paul's dad. Oh! I forgot to mention--my sister Maren had just barely moved in with us. She hadn't been able to find work out in the D.C. area, so we invited her to come be with us for Christmas and to live with us until she found something. So we had a stocking and some presents for her too.
Since Glenn knows how to read so well, he not only got to add the little figures in the playset, but he also got to read some verses. I think it was special for him to do that.
Then it was unwrapping time! We turned his attention to the big present and had him open that first. Wow! A bike!
Then onto the stockings...
Hair towels for Maren and I!
Matching ties for the guys!
And a new ornament-Jake!
Now the presents...
A Buzz shirt and laser gun reminiscent of the ride at Disneyland.
A super slim wallet from Cheryl
A golf club and balls from Great-grandpa and grandma Savage--I think he's excited about them!
A Spanish workbook and colored pencils from Paul's Spanish teacher in Spain.
New clothes!
Scarf hanger-pretty cool
And Lego's! Thanks Grandpa Dennis and Grandma Robyn!
A crepe griddle-bon appetit!
And new Brazilian flip-flops. His old ones were from his mission--several years old and worn down. So glad I found these for him!
We started our own new tradition for Christmas breakfast--powdered doughnut snowmen, and banana and strawberry candy canes.
We had a nice day--playing with new toys and trying out the new balance bike. That evening we invited our friends the Dunn's over for dinner. We had ham and delicious potatoes and broccoli and all rolls and all kinds of yummy food. We loved having our friends over to share our Christmas feast!
We let the kids have glow sticks--I tried to get pictures of them playing with them, but they turned our blurry. But it was a lot of fun.
Then the kids gave us a concert via an 8-key piano and a doggie guitar. It was a great evening!
We love the Dunn's! So glad we are friends and that we got to share Christmas together!
Then it took several tries for us to get a nice picture of the 4 of us..
But we finally got one! Merry Christmas!
Here is a copy of the Christmas card we sent out.
And the insert. I tried several times to write out our crazy year in paragraphs or something, but it was too complicated. So I came up with stats. It was a lot easier that way. (And I actually sent it out late, but that's okay.)
Jensen Family Stats 2013
v
Countries
Lived In: 2:
USA and Spain
v
Countries
Visited: 7 : USA, Spain, Portugal, Gibraltar, France,
Italy, Monaco
v
States
Lived In: 3: Virginia, Utah, Texas
v
States
Visited/Driven Thru: 18:
Virginia, Maryland, Pennsylvania, West Virginia, Ohio, Indiana, Illinois, Iowa,
Missouri, Arkansas, Oklahoma, Texas, New Mexico, Colorado, Utah, Arizona,
Nevada, California
v
Highlights: 19: Rock of Gibraltar, Pont du Gard, Monaco
Grand Prix Race Track, Carcassonne (and it’s local bakery!), Burgos Cathedral,
Toledo, Consuegra windmills, Madrid LDS Temple, Mezquita, Alhambra,
Mediterranean Sea, Atlantic Ocean from France, Nauvoo, Mississippi River,
Branson, Four Corners, Arches, Disneyland, Texas State Capitol Building
Our lives this year
sure have been busy and crazy—which is why this card is over a month late.
:D We have had many adventures, many
learning experiences, many struggles, but also many blessings. We now are grateful to be settled in our own
place and not living out of a suitcase!
We were grateful to be able to visit with family and be visited by
family, in Spain, Utah, California, Arizona and Texas.
Love,
Paul. Kayley. Glenn.
3 comments:
I have loved reading all your blog posts lately. It is fun to have a reminder of some things I knew about, and to see photos about some of your other activities and experiences that we did not share with you. We sure love and miss all of you!
Your Christmas traditions sound so fun! Maybe some day we'll get around to making our own... :) I'm glad Maren was able to spend Christmas with you guys! What fun!
Glen has grown so much. To think he's another seven months older now - wow! It's been too long since we've seen you! What a great Christmas. I love the tree and the washer and drier! I bet you've enjoyed having them. And I have to say from the photos you and Maren look a whole lot alike. I'm guessing you are in the purple. Am I correct? Looks like a wonderful Eve and Day! Great memories.
Post a Comment