For the past several posts, 22 to be exact, after going to Utah with Kayley and Glenn, I unfortunately had to work in Spain. But I made sure to have fun as well. I saw many different places around the city. Here are things I remembered to take pictures of with my phone.
The National Library:
Plaza de Colon, Paseo de la Castellana:
Plaza de Castilla de Madrid:
Museo National Centro de Arte Reina Sofia:
The best art in the Reina Sofia because I don't enjoy much modern art and I don't like smoking.
El Real Jardin Botánico:
Palacio de Cibeles:
Plaza de Cibeles with Gran Via behind. This is the best looking street in Madrid.
Puerta de Alcalá in the Plaza Independencia:
I have been looking forward to the Ender's Game movie for a very long time. Seeing this poster around Madrid got me excited.
There was a garbage strike in Madrid for about a week. There was piles like this on nearly every street. Strikes like this are typical for all the unonized workers in Madrid, from metro to garbage, postal to city government. My co-workers told me they do this to get small concessions and politicians are then justified in deficit spending.
It is nice to visit the small churches that dot the large and old cities in Europe. This little church north of Parque Retiro was more beautiful to me than the large cathedrals that many tourist visit. Church of San Manuel and San Benito:
Puerta de Toledo:
Best of all, the Madrid Temple




















1 comment:
Great photos, especially taken with a phone camera!
Post a Comment