One of the great opportunities I had was to spend a week in a Spanish immersion course. It was at a hotel that my company, Ferrovial Agroman, rents out for this kind of thing in this beautiful small city, San Lorenzo de El Escorial. This really helped me to dive into speaking Spanish and figure out some of the grammar. It also makes me appreciate how simple English is without elaborate verb conjugation and gender nouns.
The feature of the city is the monastery of the same name. King Phillip II resided here and the Pantheon of Kings of most of the kings since Phillip II are entombed there. This is definitely worth visiting. We had a tour as part of our stay there.
This is the group for the course. The man in the middle is a Portuguese man and he was a lot of fun. I can see how the Brazilian and Portuguese are very similar as a culture even after being separate for so long.
You can see the monastery from where we had lunch. It is just beautiful.
El Escorial is known as a town of many wealthy and famous people. Here are a couple of fantastic villas.
My room had an annoying smoke detector directly above my head. I made a canopy so I could sleep and not see the blinking red light.











No comments:
Post a Comment