Glenn has been enthusiastic about baseball for a few months now. This is peculiar because Kayley is known for playing volleyball and me for soccer. She was a softball player for several years and I played t-ball. It is not foreign to us, and we are glad he is a typical American boy loving America's past time.
Living close to DC I took the opportunity to take Glenn to his first baseball game of the Washington National's vs. the Atlanta Braves. We went with new friends here in Sterling the Disner's. Reagan is Glenn's best friend and Mike and I are both Angel's fans from our youths. Kayley enjoyed a quiet evening watching chick-flicks with Nora.
It was a rainy day and the storm was terrible (oddly only over Washington DC city) as we arrived at the stadium during the third inning. But after 20 minutes the rain stopped and we went in to wait out the rain delay of game. We cheered for the home team like the song says and the National's won 4-1. It was exciting.
Of course we had to have the classic hotdog and Glenn ate it all so fast.
Here is the view from our seat on the front row of the third and top level. It was pretty high. There was a no climbing rule for the boys.
And Glenn was all smiles the whole time.
They have a President's Race in between innings. I think Washington won this one. They are pretty funny mascots.
Thank you Mike and Reagan for an awesome time and great memories.
1 comment:
Great father/son outing! I'm glad you guys let Glenn try so many things!
Post a Comment