Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Joy School

A few months ago I got an email from a sister in my ward asking if Glenn and I would like to join their Joy School group.  Yes, we would!
I was really excited to be invited and I knew Glenn would have a fun time too.
We found a shoe box and proceeded to decorate it for his school supplies.


Glenn chose the paper he wanted for the sides...
 ...and he got to make his own little 'self'.  He also chose a few extra things to decorate it with.
 And this is how it turned out!
(It's an astronaut with a book and pencil.)
The little dog is on the side and he also chose a blue guitar which is on the other side.
I didn't get a picture of that though.

So he was really excited for Joy School to start.
The morning of September 4th, he slept in until 8:30!  I had had this fun idea of taking his picture with his box and such...but we were running late.  But I did get one of him at the car just before he went in.
He chose this outfit too--it's his favorite!
And he got to wear his cape and show it off at the Show-and-Tell time.

And this was the first thing he made at Joy School.  He told me that they were fireworks.  I wish I had recorded how he told me--it was really cute.
He is really enjoying Joy School and learning new things.  We have started a wall of his artwork and maybe at the end we'll take a picture of them all.  
I was kind of sad the first time I dropped him off.  This would be the most time that I would be away from him--well except for previous vacations.  But Joy School is every week--two times--and for 5 hours total.  I am adjusting to it though.  It felt so strange at first to not have him with me all the time.  But it's good for him to gain a little more independence and for me to have some time to get things done for myself.  Plus it is fun to see him love his other teachers and friends.  There are 4 kids total in our group--2 girls and 2 boys.  Glenn has become fast friends with all of them and that is so great!  He doesn't have any siblings to play with, and these kids are becoming like siblings to him.
All in all, I am very happy with Joy School!  He is learning good things--both from the curriculum and socially.  And I will get some experience at home schooling.  
Happy Joy School!

1 comment:

Esther/Mom/Grandma said...

I love Glenn's fireworks! And his happy smiling face! I'm glad you guys are doing Joy School!