Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Gone Camping

This last weekend--Sept 14-15--our ward had a small campout.  We went to Elizabeth Furnace Recreation Area.  It is about an hour and a half away from our place.  
We didn't have a tent, but we wanted to go still.  So we stopped on our way and bought a tent.  It was probably the best impulse buy we've done! : D
It said that it would take a minute to set up--guaranteed.  So we took the challenge--in the dark too.  We got there as it was getting dark and we had to set it up by flashlight.  And it was true.  It really only took a minute to set it up!  It was great!

That night we had s'mores and such around the campfire.  Glenn had a lot of fun running around with his friends.  We brought his little toy lanterns and he had fun 'exploring' around with those too.
We didn't take any pictures at night, but we did in the morning.  We zipped together the sleeping bags and had fun cuddling together in the morning.  We had taking pictures and laughing at ourselves.
We also took pictures of our hands--I didn't realize how dirty mine were!
As we were waking up, Glenn said, "Oh look Mom.  It's a butterfly."
 And we took pictures of him as Paul tossed him in the air...
I took some pictures of people around the campfire in the morning...
 Glenn was being an airplane and even though he was a complete blur, I wanted to remember that's what he was doing.  I love his imagination!
 Some of the girls that we went camping with.
 "Oh how lovely was the morning..."
 A cool bug we saw...
 Paul and some pancakes
 Glenn was using Paul's head to balance...I couldn't really capture it on camera, but it made us laugh.
 The boys had fun playing in the dirt and rocks.
 After we packed things up, we all went for a hike.  There was a neat bridge spanning the river to a lodge or house.  We didn't make it over there, or even get a picture, so I don't know what it was.  
 The hike was pretty.  It was so green.
 Glenn liked pointing out the pink 'i's along the trail.  
 And this was my hiking buddy--her name was Kaylee!  We had fun talking as we hiked.

We had a really fun time hiking and camping.  Now that we have a tent I think we'll go camping more often.  We've been lucky though to have people take care of the food.  What are we going to do when we have to do it ourselves? ;)

1 comment:

Esther/Mom/Grandma said...

Nice "butterfly" tent. I'm glad you got a tent and plan to go camping - just watch out for all the bugs and snakes and stuff...