Thursday, April 17, 2014

Ian's Baptism

Remember the family gathering for my cousin Ian's birthday?  Well it was a special one because he turned 8.  And as members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, 8 is when you can get baptized.  Ian chose to be baptized and we were so happy we were in Utah still to witness it and be a part of his special day. 

 Ian.Glenn.Devin.Gabriel.
After the baptism, we enjoyed a picnic dinner in the park.  We then enjoyed another rainstorm.  As we were coming home, we saw a rainbow.  It made us think of baptism because of a song we sing in our Church.  "I like to look for rainbows whenever there is rain, and ponder on the beauty of an earth made clean again.  I want my life to be as clean as earth right after rain.  I want to be the best I can, and live with God again!"

1 comment:

Kirsta and Morian said...

I'm sad I couldn't make it there for the baptism, but I'm glad Devin and Mackenzie were able to go and experience that. And at least we did get to see everyone at the picnic afterwards.