Thursday, April 17, 2014

Independence Day

We gathered together as a family to celebrate Independence Day.  We also celebrated my sister Kirsta's birthday and my brother-in-law--Spencer's birthday.  They are all close, and since I had finally finished up with the Lehi house and it was on the market, Glenn and I were getting ready to head back to Texas to be with Paul.  We were glad to get together again before leaving.


Kirsta and Spencer with the birthday star brownies.
Kirsta was so festive and creative!  She braided Kenzie's and her hair in stars!  
How cool is that?!
It was a warm, July day and we all enjoyed Popsicles outside.
Well, all except Maren who for some reason didn't have one. :D
And of course we had to end the day with some fun poppers!
The kids really enjoyed throwing them. How simple and yet so fun!
 And some clean up.
We didn't do anything grand or over-the-top, but we still enjoyed the day together.  We truly are so blessed to live in this land of freedom.  How grateful I am to be an American!

1 comment:

Kirsta and Morian said...

That was a pretty fun day!