Tuesday, April 1, 2014

The Return of Sunnye

So I don't remember if I mentioned this before, but Glenn left his favorite stuffed animal, Sunnye, in Portugal.
Sunnye (and yes, that is the spelling.  We asked Glenn how to spell it, and that's what he said.) had traveled to many different places with us.  He was a good travel companion for Glenn.  I was amazed that with all of our comings and goings that he always managed to be with us at the end of the day.
Until one day...

So remember how we traveled to Portugal just a few days before we flew home from Spain?  Well Sunnye was with us up until Glenn and Paul decided to head back into the hotel one last time to use the bathroom.  Sunnye should have just stayed in the car, but perhaps he needed to go potty too, I don't know. :D
The boys came back, we got in the car, and headed on our way back to Madrid.  After driving several hours Glenn was getting tired and I could tell that he needed a nap.  I looked around for Sunnye, as a comfort to Glenn.  When I looked everywhere in the car, I realized that Sunnye was not with us.  Paul called the hotel and told them where he believed it had been left.  Sure enough Sunnye was still there in the bathroom.
We decided to have it sent to my parent's address in Utah because we knew of our plans to head there a few days after arriving back in the USA.  
Once we were in Utah, we were anxiously awaiting Sunnye's return.  And then one day, June 3, we received notice that we had a package for us, sent from Portugal.  We knew right away what it was!
I know the video doesn't show it, but Glenn really was so happy to have Sunnye back!  Glenn loves that dog--he even calls Sunnye his son!
I was glad to have Sunnye back too because I knew how much he meant to Glenn and I didn't want Glenn to lose something that is so special.

No comments: