Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Black Island Park

Friday October 25th, Glenn and I went to Black Island Farms Harvest Festival with my brother Ethan and his family--Lena, Jasper and Freya.
We started the afternoon taking a hay ride out to the pumpkin patch.
The boys thought it was so fun to be on the wagon being pulled by the tractor!  
I love their genuine grins!
Once we got to the pumpkin patch, we got to each choose our own pumpkins to take home!
I love Freya's face on our ride back from the patch!  Such a cutie!

Ethan's family didn't want to go into the rest of the festival, and we didn't want to say good-bye just yet, so we let the kids just run around and play a bit.  They found a cool old tractor that wasn't going anywhere.


After they left, Glenn and I went to where they had all kinds of other fun things to do.
Straw Mountain
 Mountain Slide

 Grain Chute
 Jumping Cow--he loves these things!
 Corn Snake
 Cow Train

 Kiddie Maze--thankfully this only went in a small loop.  I don't like getting lost in them and spending so much time trying to get out!
 We had such a fun evening together!  It was nice to just let Glenn determine what he wanted to do next and I didn't have to rush him or anything.  He loved all the climbing and sliding and being outside.  It was great fun!

2 comments:

Esther/Mom/Grandma said...

What a fun-looking place to play!

Kirsta and Morian said...

Is that place any cheaper than Thanksgiving Point?! That's cool that you guys got to hang out with Jasper and Freya and parents!