Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Preschool Halloween Program

Glenn's preschool class had been learning a lot of Halloween songs and were excited to put on a program for the moms and dads.  I only got one video and it wasn't their best song, but it was still cute.  Glenn had so much fun with all these songs.  His favorite holiday is Halloween and he loved having so many fun songs to sing!
Here are the kids doing the actions to another song.
 And cute little Batman.  He was so excited to pick out his costume this year.  
And a side note about Glenn's preschool.  I don't remember exactly when Glenn's teacher gave us a little progress report, but when we talked about it I was surprised by something.  She said that Glenn was doing really well in class-he was happy and he listened well to instructions; he knew all the letters and numbers but just needed to keep practicing to get better at writing them.  But what surprised me was when she told me that he was reading to the class every day!  What?  After snack time as the kids were finishing they were allowed some free time.  Glenn would finish eating and then go to the book shelf, grab a book and start reading.  The other kids were amazed that he could read and would ask him to read out loud to them.  He did such a good job and the kids loved it so much, that it became part of their day.  So after snack, the kids would have Reading Time with Glenn, in which he would read a few books to them!!  I thought it was so amazing!  I knew he had been reading books--he loved reading all the books at Grandma's, but I didn't know he was doing that at preschool!  His teacher said he did so well--and she was amazed too, especially because he was the youngest in the class--besides her twin boys who were a year younger than all the other kids.  I was so proud of Glenn when I heard that!  I am so glad that he was able to participate in Miss Laura's class and be a part of such a fun little program!

2 comments:

Esther/Mom/Grandma said...

Way to go, Glenn! You really are a great reader!

Kirsta and Morian said...

I can't believe all the stuff he can do already. You've done an amazing job with him, Kayley!