Thursday, June 19, 2014

Ringling Bro's and Barnum & Bailey Presents...

 "The Greatest Show in Earth"!
On September 27th, Glenn and I went to the circus!
Glenn had never been to a circus before and I thought this would be a good opportunity to go on a Mother-Son date.  The show was titled Built to Amaze and had the theme of building throughout the show.

Before the show they had some of the dancers and other acts on the floor so the kids could experience some things firsthand.  
Glenn had fun dancing and learning some cool moves!
We then watched one of the elephants paint and play with a beach ball.

And then the show began!
They brought most of the people and acts out to greet the audience.
I captured this picture of Glenn.  He was watching the girls 'walk on the ceiling'.  He was so nervous that they would fall.  It was a little nerve-racking to see them up so high and only using their feet!
The tigers were cool too!
Such beautiful animals!
Usually in these kinds of shows, they have a man holding and balancing a woman.  Well, not at this circus!  They had not one, but two women who were balancing and holding up the men!
This part also made Glenn and I nervous.  Such brave people!
I think one of my favorite parts was watching these guys on the trampolines!  I didn't get a video of the switching, but when they did, it was so smooth and cool.  So amazing that they can time their bounces just right and get into the little openings!
And of course the elephants were pretty cool to see!  Such large, graceful animals!
And the finale!

1 comment:

Kirsta and Morian said...

Devin asked if this really happened and when I said yes and he was like, "Cool!" What a fun experience!