Thursday, January 14, 2016

Misc. in August

I know the title of these blog posts aren't the most exciting, but sometimes I don't know what else to call them.  They comprise all the leftover pictures in the month--pictures that I'd still like to share, but don't know if I want to do an entire post just about them.
So you get them all here, together.

And why not start out with some pictures of my cute boys sleeping?  I probably could fill up an entire post just with those pictures, but I won't. :D

As you could tell from the previous posts, August was a pretty busy and big month for us.  We had a lot going on and a lot of decisions to make--some I'll tell about later.  
Anyway, one of those fun things was a birthday party for a little girl names Urban.  Her older brother is closer to Glenn's age, but she loves Glenn too.  She really wanted him to come to her birthday party.  When her mom asked who she wanted to invite to her party, she'd say a name then say Glenn.  Then she'd say another friend and then Glenn again.  Then another name and Glenn again.  It was pretty cute!  She really loves "Glenny" as she calls him. :D
So despite her party being on his actual birthday--her's was the day after--we came to the party.  (That's when Kirsta and her kids went shopping, remember?)  It was Star Wars themed and it was a lot of fun.  The kids all got storm trooper masks and light sabers.  
We started off the party with bubbles because they are fun!

Then we played some games.  The kids had to jump down the hall with a balloon between they knees.  It was so fun watching them try to keep it there.  They actually did pretty well.
Then it was musical chairs--always fun to watch kids figure out how to play!

Thanks Urban for a fun party!  

We got a package from Maren--a birthday present!  It was a National Geographic book with the characters from the game Temple Run.  It has them go through different places on earth with different treasures and such.  It's pretty cool--thanks Maren!

Glenn loves to eat the outside of his bread first--or his bagels or toast or sandwiches, etc.  And sometimes he asks me specifically to take a picture of what it looks like.  So I did.
Remember how we moved into our new home--on August 15th?  Well that was our anniversary.  We didn't do much to celebrate--it was kind of a busy day.  We moved our stuff from our apartment to the new house; then we went to an Indian friend's birthday party at Chuck E. Cheese--didn't take pictures at that one; then we went to dinner at Maggiano's.  Glenn came with us, so it wasn't an anniversary date, but it was still nice to be out and get delicious food.
We hadn't gotten each other gifts, or so I thought.  But then I opened up one of the drawers in the kitchen to put things away and saw a gift from Paul!
We used the griddle when Cheryl came for the Kelly Clarkson concert.  It was nice to make so many pancakes at one time!  Thanks Paul!
After breakfast, Glenn played out in the sprinkler.  August is too hot here in Texas to not play in the sprinkler.  Glenn had a great time.  We had fun watching him from inside while we played Dominion.

One night the moon was so amazing, I just had to take a picture.
And lastly, Glenn started getting Little Passports in the mail.  Each month Glenn will receive a letter, a postcard, some kind of souvenir, etc. from a different country around the world.  The first month he got the little suitcase to hold everything in.  He was pretty excited.  It's fun to get things in the mail!
The first country Sam and Sophia--the two kids that travel around the world and send back the souvenirs--was Brazil.  Glenn was pretty excited about that because that's where Paul served his mission!  If you don't know what Little Passports is, you should check it out.  It's fun for the kids--and educational too.
Thanks August--it was a crazy month, but it was a good one too!

No comments: