Wednesday, January 20, 2016

A Special Baptism

A few months back I had been called to be a Ward Missionary for my church.  That meant that I was to help the missionaries assigned to our ward and go to lessons and such with them.  One of the people that I was privileged to meet and attend lessons with was Lindon Walker.  He is an amazing man!  He has been blind, basically since birth, but that hasn't stopped him from doing so much.  He recently lost his wife, who was also blind, to cancer.  She had been the one to first invite the missionaries over, but Lindon felt strongly that he needed to listen as well.  Then when his wife passed away, he really felt the need to listen and take the missionaries' message to heart.  And when he did that, he knew he needed to be baptized!  So on October 17, Lindon Walker was baptized!
It was a beautiful ceremony and I was so happy to be a part of it!  He had asked me to give the talk on the Holy Ghost.  I had a hard time getting through it because of the Spirit we all felt.  After being baptized, Lindon said, "It's like drinking Austin water your whole life and then getting a taste of pure, mountain water.  This is good.  This is real.  This is true.  This is right."
What an incredible man!

1 comment: