Wednesday, January 13, 2016

We Bought a House!

I don't remember if I mentioned this before, but when we came back from Spain we started looking to buy a house.  We had been looking at houses on Zillow while in Spain and when we got back we found one in a neighborhood that we liked.  That house, unfortunately, wasn't available after too long, but it got us in the market.  We found a Realtor and started looking.  Well, I started looking.  Glenn too.  Paul was home in bed with his foot propped up--remember he stepped on a nail?  Then he got the flu and was really sick.  So he didn't come out looking with us.  
I'll admit it was stressful and I didn't like not having his input on the houses.  One day our Realtor, Angela, showed us a house in the neighborhood where we liked that other house.  It was a great house and we looked at it a couple of times that day actually.  I really wanted Paul to see it though.  But there wasn't time.  So I had to decide.  When I got home I told Paul about it and we looked at the pictures online.  It was a good house in the neighborhood that we wanted and it was a newer home--only 2 years old!  To be honest, I wasn't in love with the house, but I liked it better than the other ones we saw.  And I knew it would go fast.  Everything was.  More than a 100-200 people move in Austin every day--at least in the summer!  Crazy!!
So we decided to put an offer on the home, without Paul actually having been inside it yet.  I was apprehensive and almost had us back out of it, but we decided to move forward.  And they accepted our offer!  So we were on the road to buying a home!
Things didn't go real smoothly, but in the end we signed all the papers and got the keys on August 10th.  We were home owners again!

That day was a Monday, and since things had been a little busy and crazy, I didn't want to cook.  We grabbed some pizza, a blanket and ate our dinner on the floor of the downstairs office room.  Nicole was with us too that night.
That weekend, August 15th--which is also our anniversary--we got some help from our friends and moved out of our apartment and into our new home!  The following day or so I took some 'before' pictures.  I like showing the mess so it looks really good when I show the 'after' photos!  Those, though, will be coming much, much later.  :D
the dining area off the kitchen
the kitchen
the living room
another view of living room and dining area
the formal dining area
the office
the upstairs playroom/landing
another view of landing
the master bedroom
the bonus room off the master
the master bathroom
the guest room
Glenn's room
walk-through from the garage
and the garage

2 comments:

Kirsta and Morian said...

so jealous! maybe some day we will own our own home!

Esther/Mom/Grandma said...

I love your house!