Thursday, January 14, 2016

Kelly Clarkson Concert

Saturday August 29th, Paul, his sister Cheryl and I drove out to the Austin 360 amphitheater for a Kelly Clarkson concert!!

When we arrived one of the opening acts was singing.  We weren't in our seats by that time, so I didn't get any pictures and we didn't see her at all.  So I don't really know if she was good--or even what her name was.  I think it was on that sign though...
Anyway, we did get to hear the other opening acts.  Eric Hutchinson was..."pretty good". :D
No, but really, he was.  His two guitarists seemed like they were having the best time.  He would make these faces sometimes...not sure what he was thinking.  But I wonder if he knows he's making those faces.  He has a pretty good stink face.  But we did like his music and I didn't realize that I recognized some of his songs.

After Eric Hutchinson, they got the stage ready for Pentatonix!
We had really good seats, so it was fun to be able to see all of the artists pretty close up.  We could see their sweat, their faces really well--all of it!  It was worth the extra money, I'd say.
I feel kind of bad that I don't know any of their names, but I did get pictures of them individually--does that count for something? :D  
They each have great voices, and together, they sound awesome!

Then it was time for the main event--Kelly Clarkson!!
She sang a lot of songs and it was so fun to be there!  We sang along and cheered and had a great time.  I loved that she talked to the crowd and told us stories about some of the songs.  She has a great talent as well!

She said she likes to invite some aspiring singer come on stage and sing a song on her tour.  I don't remember this guy's name, but he sang a Beatles song.  He was pretty good too.  He seemed like quite a character--pretty funny.
Then Kelly invited Pentatonix to come back on stage to sing some songs with her.  That was pretty cool!
Oh!!  And we saw 2 proposals at the concert!  One involved Kelly herself--she had the sign up and all that and talked about it.  The other one happened just a few rows behind us.  The picture is pretty dark, but I thought it was pretty cool.  I guess a concert is a good place to get engaged!
We had a blast at this concert!  It was a very fun night full of great music!  Thanks Cheryl for telling us about it, for coming and enjoying it with us!

No comments: