Sunday, January 31, 2016

November Misc.

Some really great things happened in November.
The first one was our new tables and chairs!!  We had been using a folding table as our dining table for about 3 years--ever since we left Utah and had given away our little round table.  So it's been a long time coming.  (The folding table didn't stop us from having lots of friends over for dinner, but having a real table will be even better!)
Oh, and this happened in November...how did Glenn get so old already?!  
Haha!  Glenn had fun over at a friend's house while I was at an appointment and she later sent me these pictures.  He reminds me of someone...Mario or Luigi perhaps?
Speaking of Glenn getting older, look at how long he is!!  He is not short anymore...not that he ever really was for his age, but sometimes when I see him stretched out like this I am reminded how big he is getting.  I took this picture one afternoon/evening when he was just worn out.  We had planned on going to a soccer practice, but he fell asleep on the way there.  We came back home, I got him out of the car--which is getting pretty hard now that he is 6 and so big--and then put him on the couch.  He continued to sleep.
Then he woke up to go to the bathroom and then fell back asleep on the kitchen rug--I was making dinner and he wanted to be closer to me.  :D
Glenn and I are part of a homeschool book group.  For November's discussion we had read Because of Winn-Dixie by Kate DiCamillo.  We love this book!  And just about anything that we'd read from Kate DiCamillo.  
We take turns in this book group being the host, the book discussion moderator, the one bringing the treat and the one in charge of the activity.  We try to make the activities and treats come from the book as best we can.  This month we were in charge of the treat.  And it was pretty easy for us because in the book the characters have a party and they tell us what they had.  So that's what Glenn and I made.  I didn't take pictures of the food, but we made egg salad sandwiches, peanut butter sandwiches, and had pickles.  We also made a party punch.  We had some fresh lemons, and since the recipe called for lemon juice, Glenn got juicing!  


I know I've mentioned this before, but Glenn loves to read!  And sometimes I find him in the oddest places, just reading.  :D  (Sometimes it wears him out too!)
November 17th we got a visitor!  Uncle Devin had some work in Austin so we were able to see him.  We picked him up one evening after a meeting and went to Terry Black's Barbecue downtown.  We hadn't tried it yet, so we thought it was a great time to do so.  It was pretty good and we had a fun time catching up with him--and even playing a game at the restaurant!  Thanks for dinner and for the visit, Devin!!
I don't remember if I mentioned this or not, but we got a lot of rain in October and November.  Several of Glenn's soccer games were canceled due to the bad weather.  We didn't get flooded, but the trail that runs around our back yards did in a few areas.  One day we decided to go explore and see what it looked like.
There are lots of dragon flies!  I am grateful because they eat a lot of mosquitoes.  And it's fun to watch them fly around.

When we got back from our walk, we saw a lizard up on the second story window of our house.  
How funny!

Also in November we got to babysit one of our favorite little friends, Rhett.  He is such a happy baby and it was a lot of fun for us to spend the day with him.  And he just loves Glenn!  Any time he sees him he laughs and tries to grab his face.  So fun!  

No comments: