Tuesday, January 19, 2016

Devin's 7th Birthday

One of the benefits of homeschooling is that we don't have to limit our travels to the weekends or holidays.  Cousin Devin's birthday was in September during the week and Glenn and I were able to travel up to the Dallas area to celebrate with him and his family.
Devin still had to go to school, so Glenn and Mackenzie and I went to the park to play during the day.  I got some cute pictures of them while they played together.  


Then once Devin was done with school and when Morian was home from work, we all made our way over to Chuck E. Cheese's for dinner and fun.
Since it was a school night, there weren't very many people there.  I had only been on the weekends when it is so busy, so it was great to have the place almost to ourselves!  We didn't have to wait for games and we had our choice of table!  And it wasn't super loud or crazy either.  

They still did the Chuck E, dance with the few kids that were there.  This Chuck E. was, well, not the most enthusiastic about the dance...but the kids still had fun.  And why wouldn't they, when they get free tickets and such!
Devin didn't want to be in the picture outside, so I got Glenn and Mackenzie.  We had a fun night there!
Then it was back home for cupcakes and presents.  
(It was still hot and humid in Texas so the frosting was sort of melting off the cupcakes.  How funny!  We are still getting used to Texas and the humidity and the heat...)
Cute kids!!
Silly kids!
A happy family!
We gave Devin some Batman LEGO's.
Happy happy birthday Devin!!  We love you!  
We are so glad we were able to come spend the day with you!

No comments: