Wednesday, January 13, 2016

ANTS!

We had been in our house for only a couple of days when Ants happened...

Paul had brought home some extra food from work.  I left the box of bread on the counter, thinking nothing of it.  The next morning however, I saw the huge mistake I had made!

Ants were crawling all over the bread!  They were all over the counter and were scouting for more food.  The ants were coming in through the outlet.  I was nervous to spray because of the electricity and such, but I had to!  There were millions and millions of ants all over my kitchen counters--and in the walls and garage.  
So instead of being able to unpack some things and get things put away, I had to take care of a billion ants who also wanted to move in.

Note to self: don't leave out food in an unsealed container in Texas during the summer.
Lesson learned the hard way. :(

2 comments:

Kirsta and Morian said...

ewww gross! sorry about the ant problem. that's no fun! kind of like us and cockroaches. the babies that weren't killed off by the exterminator have now grown up and are getting more curious and coming out. why why why?!?!?

Esther/Mom/Grandma said...

Reminds me of the time in California when somebody ate a popsicle outside and put the stick in a bowl, that I brought in later, not realizing it had some ants in it....Ants all over the kitchen - yuk!