Thursday, January 21, 2016

Happy Halloween 2015

Each year our ward has a Halloween party.  This year we were pushed inside because of bad weather. Glenn had wanted to be a vampire this year, so we all went with that idea and went as a vampire family.

The ward encouraged us to bring a carved pumpkin.  Glenn liked helping with that.  We continued with the theme and chose a design with a vampire bat.
 Instead of decorating our trunks and going trunk-or-treating, we decorated rooms inside the church building and went around to each room.  Again we continued with the theme of vampires and made a game to go along with our room.  Glenn had this idea or a big vampire face and the kids had to throw little balls of blood into his mouth.  I thought it sounded a little gross at first, but it turned out to be great!  And we had kids come back again and again to play our game.  Great idea Glenn!
I try to be the one taking lots of pictures at these kinds of events, but Paul was taking Glenn around and I was handing out candy in our room and helping the kids play the game, so I didn't get any pictures.  But a friend took a few for us.

After the ward party we had a playgroup Halloween party.  The kids made Halloween decorations using orange, white and black plates turning them into pumpkins, ghosts, bats and spiders.
The kids--and adults--also got to decorate sugar cookies.  Yum!
We then had another Halloween party at a friend's house the night before Halloween.  (We really got good use out of our costumes this year!)  We made Frankenstein's monster pudding cups and mud cups.  They were a big hit!
They had all kinds of games for the kids and adults to play.  I'm glad we know such fun people!
We asked them to take a picture of us before we left for the night--don't you just love the sign they had hanging in their kitchen?!  Hahaha!
Finally it was the actual night of Halloween and the rain finally subsided.  Our neighbors from down the street came over to our house.  The dads took the boys around the neighborhood while the moms and little Violet stayed to hand out candy.  We had a lot more people come by than I anticipated.  Nicole had to run home to get her extra bowl of candy because we had already run out!  
Happy Halloween!!

1 comment:

Esther/Mom/Grandma said...

I love your costumes! Where did you get yours, Kayley? And fun game idea, Glenn!