Friday, June 22, 2012

Easter Sunday

The first Sunday we were there was Easter.  We had been excited to go to our new ward and get to meet people.  Well it was kind of a crazy day--the holiday, Spring Break had just started, and a large extended family had come to visit. So most of the people thought we were just visiting.  Paul and I stayed with Glenn in nursery because the leaders were out of town and others were just helping out, and it was brand new to Glenn and I knew I couldn't just leave him.  One of the little boys that was part of the visiting family was having a hard time.  He wasn't crying loudly, but I could just see it in his face that he was so sad.  He let me hold him and comfort him, but then he got louder and sadder.  One of the leaders asked what my son's name was--he wasn't my son.  So they asked what my nephew's name was--he wasn't my nephew either.  Okay, what's his name--I have no idea.  And that's how they found out that we were not part of that family and that we were new in the ward.  He felt bad that they hadn't really welcomed us better--but it was a crazy day.


When we returned to our hotel room, even though we had a little kitchenette we were kind of bummed about it being Easter.  I'll admit that I was hoping someone had invited us to dinner.  As we were eating our lunch, we got a phone call from an 801 number.  Thinking it was someone in Utah, we answered.  Well it was a Utah number, but the lady was here in Virginia.  She was the primary president, had a son in nursery and her husband had been one of the ones helping in that class that day.  She asked if we wanted to come over for dinner!  She wanted to get to know us and she felt bad that we hadn't been welcomed better.
Wow!  That was an answer to our prayers!

We had a little Easter egg hunt for Glenn...I just used the candy that had been given to him from the first egg hunt with my family.  I hid it around the hotel room and Glenn had fun finding it. 
(Oh, and we had to use a strainer bowl for his basket because that was the closest thing to a basket we had in our room!) : D 

After that we went to dinner with this family.  They had invited 2 other couples over as well, so we got to know them also.  We had such a wonderful time with them!  Glenn and the little boy, Reagan, became fast friends and have become the best little buddies!  We have done a lot with the Disner's and are really grateful they listened to the prompting to invite us over!

No comments: