Saturday, June 9, 2012

October 2011--Halloween part 1

(Alright, so I am finally going to do this...the whole updating thing.  I have finally gone through every single one of my pictures, saved them on my computer and a copy on the back-up hard drive.  And now I am set.)
Let's start where I left off...we had just celebrated my niece's first birthday and the next thing were Halloween festivities.

Ward Halloween Party

My mom's ward had a fun Halloween party so we headed up north to attend.  My siblings with kids also were there, so the grandkids could see each other in their costumes and have fun together.
 Jasper. Devin. Glenn
Dinosaur. Big Bad Wolf. Tigger


Devin and Glenn were so excited to see each other that they had to give hugs!
Such good little buddies.

We started off with a chili dinner/cook-off.  I loved the prizes they gave for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place.  I guess I don't remember them all, but I do remember that they gave air freshners and candles!  haha!
After dinner the kids participated in the following activities:

Cake Walk

I had a video of Glenn walking around on the cake walk spaces, but for some reason the 16 second video won't finish loading!  Arg!  Anyway, it was really cute, but we'll just have to settle for pictures.  He did have fun walking around and looking at the pictures.  After a few times around, he understood that when the music stops, he should too.  He eventually won--as did the other boys--and they sure enjoyed their rewards!

Hayride/Pumpkin Painting

Outside there was a wagon with hay in it and a 4-wheeler attached to it.  One of the young men took us on a ride around the parking lot.  On the other side there was a small 'pumpkin' patch where the kids were able to pick their own pumpkin.  Back inside they had tables set up for the kids to paint and decorate their chosen pumpkins.

It was so fun to share in Glenn's excitement.  He really was starting to anticipate things and get excited for them.  

Indoor Games

Also inside there was a room dedicated to simple games for the kids to do.  Glenn participated in the bean bag toss and toss the ring on the pole game--what do you call that?  Anyway, you know what I mean.  He did a good job at tossing the bean bag, and enjoyed the prize he got for it.  
We tried explaining to him that he needed to toss the ring and get it around the pole.  Well he found a better, more sure way of getting it on the pole...walking right up to it and putting it on!  Ha!  That's using your head! ;)

Paul and I also dressed up for the night.  We had made these costumes a couple of years ago and since we hadn't really planned out costumes yet, we wore them that night.  Can you tell what we are?
We are the bathroom sign people...haha!  
Anyway, I know my mom really enjoyed having all of the grandkids there to celebrate this fun holiday.  She said it made the night much more fun and enjoyable.
Here is a picture of Glenn and Grandma.  They are both laughing, so it's kind of a funny shot.  But it shows they were having fun.
Happy Halloween!
(Thanks again Mom for a fun night!)

1 comment:

Esther/Mom/Grandma said...

Thanks for finally updating your blog! I love hearing about the things you do (even when you did them with me!) and seeing the pictures. Keep it up!