Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Fun at Grandma Esther's

I wonder why we always seem to say "Grandma's house" instead of 'Grandpa' house....I'm not sure exactly, but it was pretty much true this time because Grandpa Don wasn't there much.  He was gone on a lot of business trips and so it was just Grandma and us.
Glenn and I went to my parent's house the last couple weeks of January and into February.  I had eye surgery and it was so nice to have some help with Glenn as well as meals and company.  We had a lot of fun being there and playing.  One of the things we did a lot was watch Wheel of Fortune and Jeopardy!  One night as we were watching there was a contestant with my name, but the spelling was exactly the same!
I have met a lot of girls with my name, but never with the same spelling.  I was so surprised by seeing this that I had to take a picture!  


Glenn had fun playing with the toys and puzzles there.  Here he is playing with little roads.  I wonder if they still make these somewhere...I don't know what they are called, but they are fun.  I remember playing with them as kids and we always wished we had more to build more and more things.

My parents got more snow than we did--that's pretty much always the case because they are on the benches of the mountains.  One day we decided to get out of the house and play in it.  It wasn't too cold so that was nice.  Glenn and I attempted to make a snowman, but then he destroyed it because he wanted to make a penguin.  : D  Okay.
 I LOVE the mountains right outside by parents' front door.  And when the sun is setting and lights them up...man it is beautiful!  I miss the mountains and their beauty.  
 I also miss seeing those spectacular sunsets!
 And here is Glenn talking with Paul on the phone.  He missed Paul so much.

Oh!  And one more picture: Glenn's favorite place at Grandma's...
...her huge bathtub!
I think he had a bath in it every day--and would ask for it multiple times each day.  He just loved playing in it, watching the light change color and getting all wrinkly!
We sure had fun being there!
Thanks again Mom (and Dad) for letting us be there and for helping me after my surgery.

3 comments:

Esther/Mom/Grandma said...

It was a pleasure having you both here! I really miss those visits!!!

Kirsta and Morian said...

waffle blocks!

Mallory and Wendell said...

That is an AWESOME tub! I can understand why he would want to go in there all the time! :)