Wednesday, June 20, 2012

March Happenings

Even though Easter was in April, we celebrated it in March.  Glenn and I wanted to participate in the family festivities and so we worked things out to have an Easter Egg Hunt early.

Easter

The kids getting ready to go outside...
 


I find it funny that Jasper cried last year at this time, and this year too.  
I wonder what he thinks is going to happen...?
Jasper. Glenn. Devin.   Mackenzie.
 And they're off...
 Doesn't Glenn look like such a big boy in this picture?!

After the egg hunt, Grandpa brought out the kite that he bought while we were in China.
The kids really enjoyed seeing it fly up in the air.
(It took awhile before we actually got that to happen..but we eventually did and it flew great!)

Birthday

After that we went inside for a nice lunch.  I noticed that there were some birthday signs up, but commented that no one's birthday was in March...or April.  Who were we celebrating?
Wow, I walked right into that one.  My birthday was next--in May--and since I wouldn't be there with them to celebrate, they did a little something for me then.
That was a pleasant surprise!
(And because we weren't going to be there for Glenn's birthday, Lena and Ethan gave Glenn a gift too.)

I captured these cute photos of Grandpa and Freya! So sweet!

Fondue Party

 Later that afternoon/evening, we gathered at my Grandma Joy's house for a girl party.  We've done it the last few years and we always do fondue.  It is so good!
Grandma Joy. Glenn. Kayley.
 Sirie. Aunt Suzanne. Emily. Gaby.
Kayley. Glenn. Aunt Carolyn. Grandma Joy.
(The others had already left when we realized we needed to take pictures...)

Twins' Birthday

Camille and Davis turned 13 the week before we left our Lehi house.  We were invited over to celebrate with them.  I realized that I had celebrated many birthdays with them--I saw them baptized!  I can't believe it's been that long!  They sure are growing up!
 (Glenn took those pictures--he really likes taking pictures.)

Davis got a bow and arrow and target for his birthday.  Glenn wanted to help him shoot it.
Pretty crazy, huh?

Glenn had some fun with the girls too.