Sunday, June 17, 2012

Paul's Birthday/Going Away Party


For Paul’s birthday last year, we invited a lot of friends and family over.  It was not only to celebrate Paul’s 30th birthday, but a chance for Paul to see people one last time before he moved to Virginia.  We were really happy with the turn-out!  We loved seeing so many of our friends and family there—thanks to everyone who came!

 

And as I look at these pictures, I realize that they really aren't the best.  So you'll have to excuse the blurry and the weird shots.  :)  It's all we got.


 That's right, folks, we put 30 candles on that cheesecake!  Phew!

 So this year was the year of aprons.  When my family asked me for gift suggestions for Paul I mentioned an apron, since he really enjoys cooking a lot and he didn't have one.  Well Kirsta gave him one that she made: "Move Over Martha"
 My Mom gave him one that had a picture of Glenn on it that said, "You may be cooking, but I'm in the driver's seat."  The picture was one of the ones from our photography session, in which Glenn is sitting on a big tractor.  And then our neighbors across the street gave Paul another apron!  We had a good laugh when he opened up his third apron!
 Happy Birthday Paul!

Oh!  And Cheryl had given a gift to Glenn as well.  She gave Glenn some ducks.

  She also gave Glenn something to dress up in.  Her class had done something with cowboys and so they had the Woody get-up from Toy Story.  She thought Glenn would like to have it.  Thanks Cheryl!  He really loved getting it...(And since then he has worn it a lot and really loves being Sheriff Woody).

(I think we wore him out...or he's getting tired in his old age...hahaha!  Just kidding!)
Happy Birthday Paul!

2 comments:

Kirsta and Morian said...

That's really funny that he got 3 aprons!

Esther/Mom/Grandma said...

Sorry I missed that party - I really was just too tired - glad you had a good turn out! We miss you guys!